1. Yu, F. Y. (In Press). An online learning system supporting student-generated explanations for questions: Design, development, and pedagogical potential. Accepted for publication in the forthcoming issue of Interactive Learning Environments. DOI: 10.1080/10494820.2019.1686398 (SSCI)
Yu, F. Y.* & Wu, W. S. (2020). Effects of student-generated feedback corresponding to answers to online student-generated questions on learning: What, why, and how? Computers & Education, 145, 103723. doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2019.103723 (SSCI)
Chan, T-W, Looi, C-K, Chang, B*, Chen, W-L, Wong, L-H, Wong, S-L, Yu, F. Y., Mason, J., Liu, C-C, Shih, J-L, Wu, Y-T, Kong, S-C, Wu, L. K., Chien, T-C, Liao, C. C. Y., Cheng, H., Chen, Z-H & Chih-Yueh Chou (2019). IDC theory: Creation and the creation loop. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 14: 26. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338242046_IDC_theory_creation_and_the_creation_loop
Liu, Y. H. & Yu, F. Y.* (2019). Supporting active learning and formative evaluation via teaching-by-questioning in classrooms: Design, development, and preliminary evaluation of an online learning system. Interactive Learning Environments, 27(5-6), 841-855. doi: 10.1080/10494820.2018.1489858) (SSCI)
Yu, F. Y. (2019). The learning potential of online student-constructed tests with citing peer-generated questions. Interactive Learning Environments, 27(2), 226-241. doi: 10.1080/10494820.2018.1458040 (SSCI).
Yu, F. Y.* & Sung, H. S. (2019). Online targeting behavior of peer-assessors under identity-revealed, created, and concealed modes. Educational Technology and Society, 22(1), 15-27 (SSCI).
Chan, T-W, Looi, C-K, Chen, W-L, Wong, L-H, Chang, B., Liao, C. C. Y., Cheng, H., Chen, Z-H, Liu, C-C, Kong, S-C, Jeong, H, Mason, J., So, H-J, Murthy, S., Yu, F. Y., Wong, S. L., King, R. B., Gu, X. Q., Wang, M. H., Wu, L. K., Huang, R. H., Lam, R., Ogata, H. (2018). Interest-driven creator theory: Towards a theory of learning design for Asia in the twenty-first century. Journal of Computers in Education, 5(4), 435-461.
Yu, F. Y.*, Wu. W. S., & Huang, H. C. (2018). Promoting middle school students’ learning motivation and academic emotions via online student-created feedback for student-created multiple-choice questions. Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 27(5), 395-408. DOI: 10.1007/s40299-018-0398-x (SSCI)
Kuo, C-W* & Yu, F. Y. (2018). Difficulties of multiple-choice question-generation encountered by elementary students in social studies: A case study. International Journal of Information and Education Technology, 8(4), 259-266. (EI) doi: 10.18178/ijiet.2018.8.4.1045
Yu, F. Y.*, Hsieh, H. T. & Chang, B. (2017). The potential of Second Life for university counseling: A comparative approach examining media features and counseling problems. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 12(24). DOI 10.1186/s41039-017-0064-6
Yu, F. Y. & Wu, C. P.* (2016). Predictive effects of the quality of online peer-feedback provided and received on primary school students’ quality of question-generation. Educational Technology & Society, 19(3), 234-246. (SSCI)
Yu, F. Y.* & Sung, S. (2016). A mixed methods approach to the assessor’s targeting behavior during online peer-assessment: Effects of anonymity and underlying reasons. Interactive Learning Environments, 24(7), 1674-1691. (SSCI)
Yu, F. Y. & Wu, C. P.* (2016). The effects of an online student-constructed test strategy on knowledge construction. Computers & Education, 94, 89-101. (SSCI)
Yu, F. Y.*, Chang, Y-L, & Wu, H-L (2015). The effects of an online student question-generation strategy on elementary school student English learning. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 10: 24. DOI: 10.1186/s41039-015-0023-z. URL: http://www.telrp.com/content/10/1/24
Yu, F. Y.* & Su, C.-L. (2015). A student-constructed test learning system: The design, development and evaluation of its pedagogical potential. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 31(6), 685-698. (SSCI)10.1080/10494820.2015.104140 (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y. & Wu, C. P.*, & Hung, C-C (2014). “Are there any joint effects of online student question generation and cooperative learning?” The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 23(3), 367-378. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y.* & Pan, K-J (2014). Effects of student question-generation with online prompts on learning. Educational Technology and Society, 17(3), 267-279. (SSCI).
- Yu, F. Y.* & Yang, Y. T. (2014). To see or not to see: Effects of online access to peer-generated questions on performance. Educational Technology and Society, 17(3), 27-39. (SSCI).
- Yu, F. Y.* & Chen, Y. J. (2014). Effects of student-generated questions as the source of online drill-and-practice on learning. British Journal of Educational Technology, 45(2), 316-329. (SSCI)
- Chang, B., Yu, F. Y., Chen, Y-Y. & Hsieh, H-T (2013). Thinking in an opposing position: A framework design of role-reversal pedagogy through technology. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 8(3), 347-362. (2013/11)
- Yu, F. Y.*, Tsai, H. C. & Wu, H-L (2013). Effects of online procedural scaffolds and the timing of scaffolding provision on elementary Taiwanese students’ question-generation in a science class. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 29(3), 416-433. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y.* & Wu, C. P. (2013). Predictive effects of online peer feedback types on performance quality. Educational Technology and Society, 16(1),332-341. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y. (2012). Any effects of different levels of online user identity revelation? Educational Technology and Society, 15(1), 64–77. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y. & Wu, C. P.* (2011). A technology diffusion approach to soft technology: Its design and effects. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 6(3), 187–203.
- Yu, F. Y.* & Wu, C. P. (2011). Different identity revelation modes in an online peer-assessment learning environment: Effects on perceptions toward assessors, classroom climate and learning activities. Computers & Education, 57(3), 2167-2177 (SSCI).
- Yu, F. Y.*, Hsieh, H. T. & Chang B. (2011). Potential of second life for psychological counseling: A comparative approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6872, pp. 44–45 (EI).
- Yu, F. Y. (2011). Multiple peer assessment modes to augment online student question-generation processes. Computers & Education, 56(2), 484-494. (SSCI)
- Huang T-C, Huang Y-M & Yu, F. Y. (2011). Cooperative weblog learning in higher education: Its facilitating effects on social interaction, time lag, and cognitive load. Educational Technology and Society, 14(1), 95-106. (SSCI).
- Yu, F. Y. & Liu, Y. H. (2009). Creating a psychologically safe online space for a student-generated questions learning activity via different identity revelation modes. British Journal of Educational Technology, 40(6), 1109-1123. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y. (2009). Scaffolding student-generated questions: Design and development of a customizable online learning system. Computers in Human Behavior, 25(5), 1129-1138 (SSCI).
- Yu, F. Y.*, Han, C. L., & Chan, T. W. (2008). Experimental comparisons of face-to-face and anonymous real-time team competition in a networked gaming learning environment. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 11 (4), 511-514. (SSCI)
- Shieh, M. D., Chen, I. G., Yu, F. Y., Huang, J. F., Tang, H. Y. & Wu, M. K. (2006). Educational website design of innovation competition using superconductor for magnetic levitation. The Journal of Materials Education, 28(3-6), 297-306.
- Yu, F. Y.* & Liu, Y. H. (2005). Potential values of incorporating multiple-choice question-construction for physics experimentation instruction. International Journal of Science Education, 27 (11), 1319-1335. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y.*, Liu, Y. H. & Chan, T. W. (2005). A Web-based learning system for question-posing and peer assessment. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 42(4), 337-348. (SSCI)
- Yu. F. Y.*, Liu, Y. H. & Chan, T. W. (2003-2004). A Networked question-posing and peer assessment learning system: A cognitive enhancing tool. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 32(2 & 3), 211-226. (EI; CIJE)
- Yu, F. Y. (2003). The mediating effects of anonymity and proximity in an online synchronized competitive learning environment. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 29(2), 153-167. (SSCI when accepted; EI; CIJE).
- Chang, L. J., Yang, J. C., Yu, F. Y. & Chan, T. W. (2003). Development and evaluation of multiple competitive activities in a synchronous quiz game system. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 40(1), 16-26. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y.*, Chang, L. J, Liu, Y. H. & Chan, T. W. (2002). Learning preferences towards computerised competitive modes. Journal of Computer-Assisted Learning, 18(3), 341-350. (SSCI; CIJE).
- Yu, F. Y.* & Yu, H. J. J. (2002). Incorporating e-mail into the learning process: Its impact on student academic achievement and attitudes. Computers & Education, 38, 117-126. (SSCI）
- Yu, F. Y. (2002). The efficacy of electronic telecommunications in fostering interpersonal relationships. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 26(2), 177-189. (SSCI)
- Yu, F. Y. (2001). Competition within computer-assisted cooperative learning environments: cognitive, affective and social outcomes. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 24(2), 99-117. (SSCI; CIJE)
- Yu, F. Y. (2000-2001). Effective group work to enhance student achievement and pro-social behaviors in a computer-based science learning environment. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 29 (2), 157-168. (EI; CIJE)
- Yu, F. Y. (1998). The effects of cooperation with inter-group competition on performance and attitude during a computer-based science instruction. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, 17(4), 381-395.
- Yu, F. Y. (1996-97). Competition or noncompetition: its impact on inter-personal relationships in a computer-assisted learning environment. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 25(1), 13-24. (EI; CIJE)